Rules for the micromouse
- A micromouse shall be self-contained (no remote controls). A micromouse shall not use an energy source employing a combustion process
- A micromouse shall not leave any part of its body behind while negotiiating the maze
- A micromouse shall not jump over, fly over, climb, scratch, cut, burn, mark, damage, or destroy the walls of the maze.
- A micromouse shall not be larger either in length or in the width, than 16 cm. The dimensions of a micromouse that changes its geometry during a run shall not be greater than 16cm X 16cm.
- Any violation of these rules will constitute immediate disqualification from the contest and ineligibility for the associated prizes.
Rules for the maze
- The maze comprises 16 X 16 unit squares
- Each unit square is 18cm X 18cm
- The walls are white with the top red. The floor is black
- The walls are 5 cm high and 1.2 cm thick
- The starting point is the left bottom corner
- The end goal is the center of the maze
Rules for the contest
- Each contestant is allocated a total of 10 minutes of access to the maze from the moment they are granted access.
- If an operator touches a mouse, that mouse is disqualified
- The illumination, temperature, and humidity of the room shall be those of an ambient environment
- The run timer will start when the mouse crosses the starting line and ends when it crosses the finish line
- A contestant may not feed information on the maze to the MicroMouse